Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Chevron Picture

This is a project that has been a long time coming.  I found the "D" a long time ago, but could not decide how I wanted to use it.  I pinned so many initial things on Pinterest and then finally found the one that I loved!


I found this one on The Baeza Blog, and knew that it was the one.  She actually built the frame herself. I am in the process of learning how to do this, but while my mom and I were at a Garage Sale I found the perfect frame for 50 cents.  So I snatched it up quickly.

The first thing I did was paint my "D."  I got the "D" at Canton super cheap!

I then decided to paint the frame.  Originally the plan was to paint it and then antique it.  Then I got an awesome surprise.  As I started to paint it with craft paint, it decided to antique itself.  I was so excited when it turned out just perfect!  I always welcome surprises like that. :)
 

Next step, I hot glued my Chevron Fabric to the back of the frame.  I actually had the fabric left over from another project but I originally got it at Hobby Lobby.


Now to finish it...Because the "D" is kinda heavy I decided to hang the frame and letter individually.  I hung the frame and then hung the "D" inside of it.
Once again I love the way that it turned out.  I always hope that a project will turn out well and get really excited when it does.  Makes me pretty happy!  And another great part of this project is that it was really cheap!

Hanging in the entryway...above the tables that need to be painted.  I should add those to my To Do List. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment