Monday, March 18, 2013

Zucchini "Spaghetti"

All right I love spaghetti, but when I decided in August to cut my carbs to get healthy and lose weight, spaghetti had to go.  Not just spaghetti, but pasta in general.  When I am measuring out my food, pasta is not worth it even though it used to be one of my favorite things to eat.  The first thing I tried was spaghetti squash.  I like it, but not a huge fan of the texture (I'm pretty special like that.)  So, what to do....I got the idea to try zucchini which I also love.  The first time I tried it I grated it and it was too small, but tasted great.  This time I cut it up and it was even better and super healthy.  I know this isn't for everyone, but we really enjoy it here.  If you are looking for an alternative to pasta and like zucchini, you should give it a try.

Zucchini Spaghetti

1 pound of ground turkey
1 jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
zucchini (I usually do 1-1 1/2 per person)

First, I brown the ground turkey and add the spaghetti sauce.
I then let it simmer while I work on the zucchini.
While I am cooking the sauce I start cutting the zucchini.
I then add a little olive oil to the pan and then the zucchini.
  
I cook it until it is pretty tender.  But you can do it as long as you want.
Final shot of my yummy dinner!
Don't be jealous of the paper plate.  I realized we were out of plates after I started the dishwasher!

No comments:

Post a Comment